1. CHILD POSE:
Child pose is a favorite among advanced yogis as well as among beginners. This pose is a great warm-up option before a yoga session as it gives the whole body a nice stretch and loosens up the limbs.
- Get down on your knees and sit back on your heels in Vajrasana (Zen Pose).
- Part your thighs and move your knees a little apart.
- Now bend forward with your arms extended in front of you until your chest touches the ground.
- Now reach forward with your arms and at the same time push back with your butt.
- Stretch your body nicely.
This exercise not only provides stretching but also improves the range of motion of your knees and shoulder joints.
2. KNEE TO CHEST POSE:
This pose is a great hip opener. It helps in curing gastric problems and is known to relieve.
- Lie down on your back and bring your knees to your chest folding your body.
- Hug your arms around your knees and rock side to side.
3. BRIDGE POSE:
It is beginner to the intermediary pose, but it strengthens your finger joints, wrists, shoulders and opens your chest and hips.
- Lie on your back on the ground and bend your knees and elbows.
- Place your feet flat on the floor close to your hips and plant your hands firmly on each side of your head.
- Pressing your hands and feet into the ground, lift your body up into the air.
- Balance on your hands and knees and hold the arch for 20-30 sec.
The more advanced version of this can be performed by straightening your legs. This allows you to stretch your toes and ankles by pointing them.
4. PIGEON POSE:
This pose gives your body an amazing stretch. It is an effective hip opener. It is an intermediate pose and works on all the joint areas in the body. It strengthens the groin area also.
- Get down onto your hands and knees with your knees directly under your hips.
- Slide your right knee forward near your right hand and your left leg backwards straightening the knee.
- Lower your groin as close to the ground as possible.
- Keep your hands on the ground. If you can, then raise your arms overhead bound in Anjali mudra and stretch back.
5. KAPAL BHAATI PRANAYAM:
According to Baba Ramdev , Kapal Bhaati Pranayama is the best gift we can give to our body. He recommends this pranayama for almost every disease and disorder.
- For kapalbhaati pranayama, sit in Sukhasana with your hands on your knees in jnana mudra.
- Now take a deep breath and release all the air out of your body such that your stomach is sucked in.
- Do it for 1-5 minutes.
These poses of yoga for rheumatoid arthritis by Ramdev should be done daily. According to Baba Ramdev, consumption of lemon, turmeric and cherries, and massaging the joints with almond oil and regular Abhyanga strengthens the joints and eases the swelling and pain in the joints. Proper sleep is very important to prevent and cure the joint disorders, including RA.
Rheumatoid arthritis can take over your life, making the simplest of tasks seem like a battle. But, with these yoga poses you can get some semblance of normalcy back into your life. If you suffer from RA, try and practice yoga everyday—it will give your joints a new lease of life!
Do you practice ramdev yoga for arthritis? Has it helped? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Read More: Style Craze